What a year my husband and I have had. Even though it did not entirely turn out the way we had hoped, we at least learned something about where our life is now and where we want it to be. We have a good marriage with its share of ups and downs…
With all that has happened to us we are not looking back and wondering what if…
Because what ifs are just another way to stay stuck and not move forward.
Life is too short and there is one thing I have learned and that is that we are where we are in life because of choices we have made.
So with that thought I have come up with a few resolutions for myself which means following my dreams!
- To get healthier and be at my ideal weight
- Spend more time with my teenage son (and husband too)
- Worry less about how clean the house is
- Always remember to let go and forgive
- Find our dream farm where we can start living our dream
- Go to Church more
- Give myself more to volunteering and helping others
- Be grateful and show it
- Always remember to say Please & Thank You
- Remember to tell our great friends how much they mean to us
- Rebuild my blog and make money doing what I love
- Create a business with my husband
I will stop there because I could probably go on. What is important to me, and I have learned this over many years, that you must be realistic about what you want in life and what you can do. We make choices and with those choices come consequences. Sometimes we make the wrong choice for the right reason and it does not work out. Shake it off and move forward. Lesson learned. Wondering what if will not get you anything but grief.
Live your life. Do not worry about what others think even if it is family. You have to live life the best way you can…
with honesty, integrity, and the knowledge that you are the change in the world. Peace comes from everyone wanting peace. Love comes from opening your heart to someone. Joy fills your heart when you let love and peace fill your mind.
Happiness cannot be bought, stolen, or even given. Happiness is what we create when we accept our life, accept ourselves, and accept that our life is a result of our choices. So when you are coming up with those new year’s resolutions, pick goals that can you work towards to be the person you want to be in a life.
Creating. Inspiring. Gardening without the rules!